Applications are invited for a Production Manager for the performance venues at York College of Pennsylvania. The position is hosted in the Department of The Arts and Humanities. The Production Manager is a full time ten-month position with venue and production management in addition to a small teaching load. Primary responsibilities for the position include:
- Facilities Management of a large proscenium theatre and smaller black-box style theatre.
- Develop and supervise budgets
- Inventory and Purchasing for all shop, lighting, costume, and sound equipment
- Scheduling and space access for two spaces in heavy demand
- Oversee and support the production of necessary set pieces, lighting, and sound designs
- Manage production personnel including staff, student workers, and students in educational practicum positions
- Teaching one three-credit hour course each fall and spring semester
- Work closely with a variety of offices regarding scheduling and technical support for a variety of events (possibly including those of Campus Activities, Student Activities, Academic Departments, Administration, York Country Day School, and the York Community)
The Production Manager will report to the Chair of the Department of The Arts and Humanities and work closely with the Director of Campus and Special Events, the Director of Facility Services, and A/V Manager in Library and Technology Services. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with faculty members and staff in The Arts and Humanities as well as other academic departments.
The candidate should have a BA/BFA or higher in Theatre. Candidates with a MFA in Technical Theatre are preferred. At least three years of experience in performing arts operations is required; however, collegiate experience can be counted toward that. The candidate is required to have expertise in carpentry/welding, rigging, light, and sound technologies. Additionally, the candidate should have excellent communication skills, a strong commitment to working as part of a collaborative team, attention to detail and safety, and planning and organizational skills.
York College of Pennsylvania is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For a copy of York College's Annual Security Report, you may contact the Office of Campus Safety or visit the website: Annual Security Report
Interested candidates should electronically submit a letter of application, CV, three letters of recommendation. An electronic portfolio of work is encouraged, though not required.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Applications should be received by November 20, 2020.
About York College of Pennsylvania:
York College of Pennsylvania, http://www.ycp.edu, is a private-sector, independent institution of higher education, offering over 60 baccalaureate majors in the arts and sciences and in professional fields as well as master's programs in business, education and nursing and a doctoral program in nursing. The College has an enrollment of over 4000 full time, over 500 part time undergraduate students and over 200 graduate students from 33 states and 37 foreign countries. The campus is located in South-Central Pennsylvania (50 miles north of Baltimore, MD, 30 miles south of Harrisburg, and 90 miles north of Washington, D.C.) and offers competitive salaries and fringe benefits.
York College is committed to building a diverse college community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply.