The Music and Entertainment Industry Educators Association (MEIEA®) is an international organization formed in 1979 to bring together educators with leaders of the music and entertainment industries.
The primary goal of MEIEA is to facilitate an exchange of information between educators and practitioners in order to prepare students for careers in the music and entertainment industries.
The purpose for which MEIEA is organized and operated is exclusively literary and educational as defined in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and its regulations.
In order to seek professional practical knowledge and functional strategies in education, MEIEA® endeavors to:
- Provide resources for the exchange of information and knowledge about all aspects of the music and entertainment industries;
- Foster scholarly research on the music and entertainment industries as well as on music and entertainment industries education;
- Assist institutions with the development of music and entertainment industries programs and curricula;
- Facilitate interaction between the music and entertainment industries and music and entertainment industries' educators and affiliated educational institutions;
MEIEA is comprised of individuals involved in music and entertainment industry education and has two types of membership: Individual and Institutional. Though the majority of members are associated with higher education institutions, anyone interested in the mission of MEIEA may join as an "Individual" member. In addition to professional educators, Association membership includes professionals in entertainment law, media development, radio, marketing, communications, music production, publishing, and other related fields.
MEIEA is a non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of education in the music and entertainment industries. Institutional membership is available to institutions of higher education. In order to be considered for membership, the institution must be recognized, licensed, and/or accredited as a post-secondary educational institution. Organizations and business entities interested in supporting the mission and activities of MEIEA are encouraged to become sponsors of MEIEA through charitable support. Sponsor support is greatly appreciated and tax-deductible.
- Promote student interests in the music and entertainment industries.