Music Production Instructor
Position Title: Music Production Instructor (part-time)
Position Status: Instructor
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Department Chair
Supervises: No supervisory responsibilities associated with this position
The Music and Entertainment Entrepreneurship program (MEE) at the Community College of Aurora is looking for innovative, inclusive, and engaging adjunct music production instructors. The new Music and Entertainment Entrepreneurship program is designed to answer the number one question asked by students interested in developing a career in music: “Where do I start and how do I build a sustainable career in the music and entertainment industry?” The MEE program prepares students to start music businesses or to work in a variety of entry-level music and entertainment business careers. MEE music technology courses include: Pro Tools 101 and 110, Ableton Live, Audio Post Production I and II, Advance Music Audio Production, and Live Audio Engineering. CCA is committed to quality instruction and maintains high academic standards as well as a strong commitment to the success of our students. The Music and Entertainment Entrepreneurship program is a Career and Technical (CTE) program that exemplifies the highest commitment to the success and achievement of our students through relevant and practical instruction, hands-on experiences, collaboration, and professional networking. In addition, CCA is an Avid Learning Partner offering the Avid Pro Tools User Industry Certification.
- Promote student success through engaging instruction, accessibility, and rigor.
- Embrace an Inclusive Excellence framework in pedagogy. This includes the ability to meet the needs of individual students, cover inclusive topics, and incorporate diverse sources into the curriculum.
- Uphold the values of the college.
- Provide differential instruction with high expectations and support for students of varied preparedness levels.
- Before the first class meeting, according to published deadlines, provide the department with a copy of the course syllabus.
- At the first class meeting, provide students with a syllabus for the course that includes all required components.
- Evaluate student performance in accordance with student learning outcomes as stated in the course syllabus.
- Conduct student evaluations of instruction in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate records of attendance and grading of students in the college learning management system—Desire2Learn (D2L)—and submit required records according to published instructions and deadlines.
- Attend program/departmental/division/instruction-wide meetings as called by the Program Director, Department Chair, Dean, or Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- Participate in instructional professional development activities as required; instructors must complete a departmental orientation during their first year.
- Participate in all departmental and college-wide assessment practices.
- Abide by all relevant CCA, CCCS, and SBCCOE policies and procedures.
- Must possess or qualify for Colorado State Board of Community Colleges and Occupational Education Certificate for Career and Technical Education: Performing Arts Credential.
- If you hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher: 2,000 hours of verified occupational (non-teaching) experience in the content area within the last seven years OR
- If you hold less than a Bachelor’s degree: 4,000 hours of verified occupational (non-teaching) experience in the content area within the last seven years OR
- 3 years verified teaching experience in the content area within the last seven years (full-time is defined as 51% or more of a teaching schedule dedicated to teaching in the content area).
- Ability to teach courses in-person at the CentreTech campus.
- Prior music production related experience in the music and entertainment industry.
- College level teaching experience in music production or related content area.
- Experience teaching in a community college setting.
Salary: Instructional hours will be paid at the current instructor rate, which is $824.00 per credit hour.
Anticipated Start Date: Fall 2019
Application Process: To apply, please visit https://www.ccaurora.edu/job-opportunities-career-resources to complete an application, and submit a cover letter and resume.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at HR@ccaurora.edu.