The College of Music and Media of Loyola University invites applications for a faculty position
to begin Fall 2021. The appointment will be made at the level of Extraordinary Assistant
Professor (One-year renewable appointment, non-tenure track).
● The qualified candidate is experienced in Hip Hop and R&B music.
● Skills in production, performance, recording, cultural studies, or business practices of
Hip Hop and R&B
● College degree or commensurate professional experience required, Graduate degree
● Teach in the BS in Hip Hop and R&B program. This may include courses in production,
performance, music technology, cultural studies, or other areas related to candidate’s expertise
● Potential for interdisciplinary work with other degree program faculty (e.g., popular and
commercial music, composition, music theory, music education, music therapy, visual arts and
design, digital media) and in the development of distance learning programs.
● Work in a collaborative manner and fulfill various roles in college and university
● Serve as an academic advisor and mentor to students.
● Other duties as assigned.
About Us: The School of Music Industry offers B.S and B.A. degrees in Music Industry
Studies, Popular and Commercial Music, and Hip Hop and R&B within the College of Music
and Media in a liberal arts university. The Department also offers minor tracks for B.M., B.B.A.,
and B.A. students. The Music Industry program provides students with instruction in music
business, technology, communications, media, and music, as well as the liberal arts. Loyola
University New Orleans, a Jesuit and Catholic institution of higher education, welcomes students
of diverse backgrounds and prepares them to lead meaningful lives with and for others; through
teaching, research, creative activities, and services, the faculty, in cooperation with the staff,
strives to education the whole student and to benefit the larger community.
Applications: Candidates should submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, sample writing,
syllabi, productions, and other related materials, and the names and contact information of three
references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hip Hop and R&B Search Committee
Dr. Jeffrey Albert, Assoc. Professor and Director
School of Music Industry
College of Music and Media
Loyola University New Orleans
6363 St. Charles Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70118
In order to ensure full consideration, applications must be received by April 30th, 2021. Loyola
University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer. We particularly invite
applications from women and members of minority groups underrepresented in academe.