The Department of Music invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track appointment as Assistant Professor of Music Business and Music Technology beginning September 1, 2023.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach core undergraduate courses in Music Business (Music Publishing, Advanced Seminar in the Music Industry, Entrepreneurship) and Music Technology, including studio recording, live production, MIDI and digital synthesis utilizing Pro Tools, Logic, FL Studio and Ableton digital audio workstations; the normal teaching load for each fall and spring is nine (9) semester hours.
- Play a pivotal role in building and administering a new concentration in Music Technology.
- Develop and administer the department’s recording studio and facilities.
- Actively recruit for the Music Department and the University.
- Administer the placement of student internships, academic advising, oversight of the department’s social media properties, attend recruitment events, and administer freshman summer orientation.
- Maintain an active professional practitioner in your field of expertise.
For more information: https://hofstra.peopleadmin.com/postings/579